Grounding, Energy, & Good Vibes
What does it mean when you "ground yourself"?
Being grounded means you are present in your life, not obsessed with the past or future. It means your energy is planted firmly in your body instead off drifting of into nowhere. Being grounded means you have the stability, security, and control over your life.
Around 3 years ago, I began to become much more aware of my own energy and the energy of others around me. I started noticing my energy increase when I was with certain people and it decrease when I was around others. I wanted to know more...
"Pay attention to whom your energy increases and decreases around, because that's the universe giving you a hint of who you should embrace or stray from."
Around this same time, we had recently hired a nanny. As she became a part of our lives we soon found out that she had just finished clairvoyant school. I began spending more time with her we started talking more and more about what it means to be a clairvoyant and the idea of energy in general. She was abundance of knowledge and her positive energy that she radiated was gravitating to not only me but to the kids as well and today I'm lucky enough to call her one of my best friends.
Inspired by her, I decided to take a course at intuitive insights that has given me some tools I use daily in my home. Here's a step by step guide to how I ground myself and my family everyday.
Grounding - For anchoring the spirit into the body and for releasing.
How To Ground:
Put your feet flat on the floor, eyes closed, relaxed position, but good posture.
- Create a grounding cord from the first chakra to the center of the planet. Watch effortlessly as it extends to the planet.
- Secure the grounding cord to the center of the planet as if you were anchoring into the planet.
- Acknowledge the gravity pulling on you and your body.
- Set the grounding on "release", so that energy to the center of the planet and get neutralized.
- Let go of any energy from others that is not yours. I often picture this as dark colors leaving, or bright white. Your energy will be bright or pastel colors.
Golden Suns - Magnetizes your life force energy back to you without effort. Purifies the energy and brings it into present time.
- Imagine there is a golden sun above your head.
- Let it gather up your energy from wherever you left it. Watch the golden sun change as you do this. Notice where your attention has been. Notice where your energy comes back from. See your bright colors & energy returning to you.
- When the golden sun is full, allow it to come into the top of your head and fill you up with neutral gold energy. Take your time. This is for you. Let some of the golden sun go into your aura and grounding.
GROUNDING THE CHILDREN:
I ground the children without them every even knowing it, usually when they are sitting at the breakfast table because that's about the only time I can get them to sit still for more than two minutes. I simply imagine a tree trunk going from each of their first chakras all the way into the middle of the earth then I have them say affirmations like "I am peaceful." "I am kind." "I am happy." and "I am strong."